If you use a PO Box instead of a physical address for your mail delivery, you are probably wondering how to verify your Google Business Profile.
This is a common issue as many business owners choose to run their business from home or an office building that uses a PO box for mail delivery.
Lucky for you, there is a solution.
How to Verify A Google Business Profile Using A PO Box
First things first, Google doesn’t accept PO boxes.
In fact, they don’t even provide an option to include one when filling in your business information.
This makes your decision easy. Use your main address, not your PO box address.
Once you fill in your home or business address, one of three scenarios generally happens:
- The Google postcard will be delivered to your address and you’ll be able to type in your PIN to verify your business profile.
- Google will ask for additional verification and you’ll need to schedule a video call with a Google rep and provide them with additional information (shown below).
- If your postcard doesn’t arrive at all, you’ll need to wait 15 days from the day you ordered it and then fill out the Google Business Help Form
What’s the Manual Google Verification Process Like?
If you find yourself in scenario #2, Google will request a video or phone call for verification and ask for the following information:
- Business signage on your door or street
- The exterior of your building and its address
- A business card
- General questions about your business
After you’ve been verified by Google, it’s time to optimize your listing so you can start appearing in Google search and generating organic leads and website traffic.
Checkout our complete tutorial for optimizing your Google Business Profile to get started.